Sunday, September 17, 2006

I'll try and fill the rest of it in.

March is spent balancing over drugging and the min the doc's will let me get through. Driving is off limits, so the the new standard is: is this too much medication to understand the other person . The overall body response is slow to these drugs so it took a couple of weeks to settle everything down. Most of these drugs are anti-seizure and anti-convolsents, the side effect is typically dizziness.

May and June end with good feelings about the old tumor( shrinking) and the possibillity of getting back onto a cancer trials study. I'll need to change the anti seizure meds to something newer but other than that everything looks good.

The doctor was very excited I was accepted to the trial, he and I believe future treatment will be in this form of treatment - more later.

But, a couple of days later I have another seizure, apparently, the 9 month old dead tumor still has a few trix up it's sleeve. Plus the medicine is pretty finicky at crashing if you come off it quick.

The next day Wednesday, is the day of seizures. I probably had 20 -30 seizures of my left hand or arm that day, after quite a few of them I would suffer paralaysis in that joint for some time. The seizures didn't make me pass out but they wouldn't go away, so we headed to the ER.

No comments: