Sunday, September 17, 2006

Brain Surgery

Well, it's been a couple of weeks so I'll stop arguing that I didn't have brain surgery.

After the seizures returned, it looked like the old dead tissue had been slowly bleeding for about a year - doc was baffled by this one -. Bleeding causes swelling, swelling causes seizure. The doc goes back to the simple solution and everyone is happy. All we need is a good MRI and schedule a date for surgery, 4 August. I was still a little confused. I thought the tumor was long gone after a year and only scar tissue remained and I thought the tissue was very soft. Instead, I think we had liquid swelling and I was mis-reading the MRI - more work needed here on my part.

Prior to surgery, I had weakness in my left arm from the day of Seizures, that slowly improved each day. At first, I could barely touch my fingers together. 2 weeks after the day of seizures. I had brain surgery. T he surgeon expected some follow on weakness or paralaysis. After surgery, I noticicied no change only continual improvement for the next 2-3 weeks back to what I remember as normal coordination. Everyone seemed quite surprised that everything worked out so well. Hopefully, all I got was another scar and a few stories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy Smokes! I just started this blogger thing recently and I sometimes browse through other blogs...Sometimes I feel weird like I'm evesdropping or snooping on peoples lives... I want to tell you that I am touched by your entries and want to wish you good health and and full recovery.